Friday, October 7, 2011

Shave, Shampoo, Bodywash?



Description
Item: Nivea Active 3
Price: $4.00
Make: Domestic
Features: Shaving Cream, Shampoo, Bodywash
Unit Volume: 8.4 or 16.9 fl oz available
Time in testing: 6 months


Review


I've been dying to get the word out on this product since I laid eyes on it a year ago. Active 3, Nivea's all in one shaving gel, shampoo, and body wash is for any man (perhaps even women) that travels. Now, you may be wondering where such a product fits into my system and what makes it so appealing.


The big catch for me is that wether my trips be in the field or to a hotel, I now only have to carry and search for one bottle. This means less weight and more space. Now the first thought to cross most people minds is, that wouldn't one need more as they are using perhaps three times as much. A 3.4 oz bottle can last me roughly a week in a hotel and even longer in the field. So imagine how a 8.4 or 16.9 fl oz bottle can go. Also it is fairly cheap, and since it is not widely used, it can often be found on clearance (see picture above).


While this product suites me well, there are two slight potential problems. First, you may need more than me as my hair is quite short and secondly some people may not like the viscosity. It is very smooth and gelly like, and washing it off in the field may be a pain. At first I found this to be the case when shaving in the field, however with a soft rag, I've eliminated the problem of irritation from trying to wipe it off.


This may be a simple product, however I certainly feel it lightens your load when traveling abroad or in the field. It may even entice you to replace your daily shaving cream, body wash, and shampoo. Hopefully, on your next trip this will save you weight and space so you can pack more of the gear you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment